Monday, January 14, 2013

iBatgirl: Cassandra Cain lives on my iPhone-- I bought more Batgirl from Comixology

It's a three-day weekend here in Japan (Coming of Age Day was today, Monday, January 14) so with some free time on my hands, I decided to go ahead and buy Batgirl all the way through issue #25 (because I want to review and discuss the whole deathmatch with Lady Shiva storyline on this blog at some point) and then a few more from the Rick Leonardi run.  The writing around that time is spotty-- sometimes great, sometimes kind of wonky-- but there's no denying the attractiveness of Leonard's visuals, especially inked by Jesse Delperdang.  The James Jean covers are gorgeous, as a set my choice for best Cass one-off illustrations.

Instead of sleeping Saturday night, I downloaded the Comixology app for my iPhone and now Cass lives there, too.  I can take her everywhere I go, and whenever I'm bored or have nothing in particular to do, I can call up an issue of Batgirl and read it.  At home, at work, on the train, at the doctor's office, you name it.

It's actually pretty nice and I've noticed that as you flip through some of the panels of the Damion Scott issues, they almost animate themselves.  A little tribute to his storytelling abilities.

2 comments:

  1. I am also enjoying the comixology app. I was concerned that it would be tiny and hard to read, but was not true. I really like how it just shows one panel at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was really a pleasant surprise just how readable it is. Against all odds, I find myself liking it, too.

      Delete