Sunday, January 27, 2013

Did you Fight On, Cass?

Thanks to super-correspondant Madeleine M. we have this link to a Twitter feed discussing the Fight On, Cass movement, that special event suggested by Zechs at the Outhousers where millions of Cass fans were supposed to buy Batgirl #37 on Comixology.  We don't seem to have gathered quite that many participants...

My favorite response has to be the person who took advantage of a "$75 longbox sale" at a local comic book store to fill it to the brim with Cass Cain Batgirl.  Because I'm a dimwit about how the comic book distribution system works, I don't know if those sales get reported back to DC, where we need to push up the Cass bottom line in order to inspire positive editorial action.  Whatever, I still like it.  I buy every paper-printed Cass book I find over here.  Which is why it's rare to find any.  I've got them all.

As for me, I've been using my poor, overtaxed credit card to slowly accumulate about 30 or so digital issues of Batgirl.  While I already own every print issue from the series' original run and all the trade collections, my ultimate goal is to own the entire series at Comixology, plus a few other books in which she's appeared.  I'm throwing new money after bad.  As Cass's number one fan in Japan, I feel I've gone above and beyond the Fight On, Cass brief.

Obviously, not everyone can be as fanatic as I am.  I won't rest until Tom Chaney's barking in he-- I mean, I won't rest until Cass comes back to DC's ongoing continuity!

No comments:

Post a Comment