Monday, March 24, 2014

Cassandra Cain Batgirl versus Gilotina


I've long had this idea for a Cass Cain versus the Female Furies story.  Cass would end up on Apokalips and spend time sparring with the Furies, becoming fascinated by their martial lifestyle.  She'd be outclassed and take a whalloping, but she'd learn a lot from them and, in the end, earn their respect.  Mostly because she never, ever gives up no matter what the odds, but also because she's without fear.

I wanted this Gilotina to be wearing Jack Kirby-designed armor, but I couldn't find a drawing that showed her entire body.  And the post-Kirby renderings tended to supermodelize her and emphasize the sexy at the expense of the furious.  Not what I wanted.  So I faked her outfit, and badly.  And Cass' costume looks like footy pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment