Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm thinking a lot about the mythology of Cass

You know what I'm talking about, right?  All that "One Who Is All" stuff.  While I like the idea of people like Bronze Tiger having been involved in Cass's early training (their confrontation over the matter is an effectively dramatic scene reminiscent of the Kill Bill movies, which is always a good thing when dealing with Cass), to a large extent the League of Assassins involvement and the addition of the pre-Cass experiments turns me off by over-complicating things and rendering her less than unique.

I suppose I prefer my Cass streamlined.  Parental issues, death wish, can't talk, kicks ass.  Essence.  That's all I need for some good Cass.

Maybe we'll discuss this at length after I collect my thoughts on the matter.  I may change my mind after re-reading the later issues of Batgirl with more focus on this aspect of her story.  The problem is, I barely have time to read Batgirl these days much less write about the character at length.  And in her continuing absence from the DC universe, there aren't any little news blurbs or further developments to report and analyze.  Same old complaint, but it means this blog isn't percolating the way I'd hoped.

Sorry about that, Cass Fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment