Sunday, December 23, 2012

Will it be a Cass Christmas?

I'm off for Tokyo today.  You know, Tokyo would be a fantastic setting for a story where Cass takes on the yakuza.  I just typed that sentence and I'm already envisioning several set-pieces-- an all-out fight in a pachinko parlor in Kabuki-cho, a night time roof-top battle above some other part of Shinjuku, an outing with Steph to Roppongi where they meet some sleazy American dudes at a dance club and deal with them in a humorous way, more comedic relief in Harajuku where Cass experiences rori culture then things take a turn for the violent and weird when she fights a pair of amarori assassins, concluding with a thrilling climax atop the Tokyo Sky Tree.  We need a cohesive plot to tie all of that together, right?

It would beat the pants off that Chris Claremont/Frank Miller Wolverine mini-series.

I doubt there's a single Cass-related item for sale in Tokyo these days.  You know why?  Because I BOUGHT THEM ALL!  But I'll take a look and buy whatever I see, then tell you about it here.

Happy Holidays to all you Cass fans out there!  And good will to the Steph supporters!  And a Happy New Year to DC!  Bring both of those characters back and make the season bright!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you agree with this or not, sorry if you've already written about it.
    (part 1)
    http://hradzka.dreamwidth.org/17667.html
    (part 2)
    http://hradzka.livejournal.com/17163.html
    (part 3)
    http://hradzka.dreamwidth.org/18776.html
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I read the first one and it was quite interesting. The differing Cass narrative voices-- that's something we need to explore more. I'm going to try to read the others and write a little something on them this week! Thanks again!

      Delete